Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Derwent Water - England

Over the years I've received a few double cards and some cards that I don't like. It doesn't make sense to me to keep those cards, especially the ones I don't like. I organized them in an album and every now and then I tag in the used cards tag. The last time I tagged for this card. Derwent Water is one of the principal bodies of water in the Lake District National Park in north west England. I got rid off some unwanted used cards and got an UNESCO missing site. 
The card was sent by Dorothy. 

Located in northwest England, the English Lake District is a mountainous area, whose valleys have been modelled by glaciers in the Ice Age and subsequently shaped by an agro-pastoral land-use system characterized by fields enclosed by walls. The combined work of nature and human activity has produced a harmonious landscape in which the mountains are mirrored in the lakes. - in: https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/422

Photo: George Allsop
On the back of the card: Typical of everything that is beautiful in the Lake District, this broad laki is ringed by mountain peaks and dotted with mysterious little tree-clad islands. It measures three miles long by one and a half miles wide at its widest point. 

No comments: