Sunday, April 15, 2018

Scenic India

Sachin and Aparna are two Indian girls with whom I change postcards, well, I've only started to swap with Sachin a few weeks ago.
I've got these card from them last month. 

Photo by Sachin
Last month Sachin sent me an official postcard and said that after reading my profile, she felt we had a lot in common. Hiking and photography, for example. We then decided to start swapping postcards and letters. After the official card, she sent me this postcard with a photo taken by her during a hike to the Harishchandragad Fort in the state where she lives, Maharashtra.
Tomorrow I'll send her a postcard.

Photograph © Nicholas Eakins
In March Aparna went on holidays to the state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India, where this postcard is from. 
On the back of the card: Seen here from Batal close to where Spiti region begins and with the Bara Shigri Range as backdrop, the milky blue waters of the Chandra river form by glacier, melt from the nearby Baralacha Range, head off throught the main valley of Lahoul district. 

No comments: