Monday, December 30, 2013

Zaragoza - Spain

I believe this is the 3rd or 4th card Manuela sent me from this spanish city. It shows Our Lady of the Pilar image and a city view with the stone bridge crossing Ebro river, the Our lady of Pilar Basilica and on the left side the tower of the San Salvador Cathedral. 

Ediciones Arribas
The city of Zaragoza boasts the titles of Muy Noble (very noble), Muy Leal (very loyal), Muy Heroica (very heroic), Muy Benéfica (very beneficial), Siempre Heroica (always heroic) and Inmortal (immortal) which come from its resistance to the French army during the War of Independence.

1 comment:

Elena said...

Hi! My name is Elena. I'm from Gran Canaria (Canary Islands, Spain) and I'm a pencil collector. If you want, we can do an exchange: I can get some postcards here for you, if you get some pencils where you live for me. If you are interested, write me: elenagb_88@hotmail.com. Kisses!