Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Burano - Italy

A few weeks ago I swapped 6 cards with Sarah from Austria. I've received her envelope with the 6 cards but, don't ask me how,  I lost one of them, the one I wanted the most, a card from the last UNESCO site I was missing from Austria. The card is probably here in my room but I can't find it!! I really don't know what happen but I hope I can find it sooner or later. 

That cards is missing but the others are on the pile to be shown here. This one is from Burano in Italy. 

Copyright 2006 by Mazzega Art & Design s. r. l. - Venezia * Foto: archivo Mazzega Art & Design
Burano is an island in the Venetian Lagoon, northern Italy; like Venice itself, it could more correctly be called an archipelago of four islands linked by bridges. It is situated near Torcello at the northern end of the Lagoon, and is known for its lacework and brightly coloured homes.
Burano is known for its small, brightly painted houses, popular with artists. The colours of the houses follow a specific system originating from the golden age of its development; if someone wishes to paint their home, one must send a request to the government, who will respond by making notice of the certain colours permitted for that lot. - in: wikipedia

No comments: